You may think that winter pest control isn’t as important. Mosquitoes and flies aren’t very common in the winter, but that doesn’t mean pest control isn’t needed. In the Rockwall area some winters are very mild and we will still see some of the flying insects, even in the winter months. This also means that bug eggs and dormant insects aren’t killed off by hard long freezes, which makes pest control even more important.
During the winter months spiders and cockroaches are much more common. Winter pest control services will help prevent those from entering the home during winter as well as limit the population once spring arrives.
As we approach the winter months, we wanted to give you some winter pest control tips to help you keep pests and insects out of your home.
The National Pest Management Association has several tips listed for homeowners as you go in to winter. Some of these items we listed in our previous article about Pest Control for the Winter.
- Seal cracks and holes on the exterior of the home to prevent rodents and pests from getting in. Did you know a mouse can fit in a hole the size of a dime? It doesn’t take much.
- Replace loose weather stripping and mortar around windows and doors.
- Do not store firewood close to the house. And when you do store it, make sure it is up off the ground.
- Eliminate any moisture spots around the home. This includes leaky faucets, clogged drains and leaky pipes. If you can’t find a leak, hire a leak location plumber to come and locate the leak for you.
- Install door sweeps and repair any damage to screens on windows.
If you suspect you have a pest problem or if you notice more insects in your home as the weather becomes cooler, contact Stronghold Pest Control today. We offer professional pest control services in the Rockwall area.